Friday, March 5, 2010

The Life I have imagined

Go Confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined. --henry david thoreau


I love that quote.  Truly believe in it and want to LIVE by those words everyday for the rest
of my life.  So, what are my dreams?  To be the kind of wife & partner to my husband that he 
deserves.  The kind of mom who truly, unconditionally LOVES her children and gives them
that love with her presence, not presents.  The kind of friend who knows when to pick up
the phone and call or send that message that could brighten someones day just when they need
it most.  The kind of person who says hi to a stranger with a smile and means it.  And, the kind
of photographer who tells a story.  Not the photographer who just hits the shutter to take a photo.


I have these dreams and 90% of the time I live the life I have imagined.  Because all are a choice
that I have promised myself to make each day.  Each day is a test.  Some days I fail miserably and
some days I am thankful for my strength and determination.


I have this drive to WANT to take amazing photos.  And, as I look back at recent work I walk
away {happy}, but I want to walk away {amazed}.  I don't want to give my clients something
that someone else could do.  I want to give them something that has {sara rose} written
all over it.  Something special, something wonderful, something timeless.  So, starting today
I hope you see a change in my work.  This is all a learning process and I hope it continues to
be one for the rest of my life.  I want to be better.  Do better.  I want to live my life as one
kick butt photographer because that is what I have IMAGINED.       


Today is a new day.  Make YOUR dreams come true.  


{self portrait 3.5.2010}

4 comments:

  1. I was amazed by my maternity pics! Therefore you should have been amazed! And besides you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am certain that any woman who sets her mind to amazing things can accomplish them...with the support of family and faith in the One who knew your beautiful heart before you were even born. I can't wait to see where your new road to extraordinary leads.

    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I got our CD this week and let me tell you that I could have sat and looked at them all night long! I was in awe in of God's precious gifts to Matt and I, but I was also in awe of the beautiful pictures. What a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are such a beautiful and amazing person! i love witnessing you grow more and more talented every day. i'm so proud to call you my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

<$BlogItemCreate$>

{sweet love notes}